Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday Trends

Home Decor is not something I normally DIY...but this trend was spotted on HGTV for painting an accent wall, so I thought it would be easy enough to replicate on canvas, and it was!

Finished!

 I didn't know what to do with the blank space above my bed, and I really didn't want to invest in anything large enough to make the room feel complete and warm. After spinning my wheels trying to hang awkward clusters of smaller pieces of art, I took a break to look for inspiration (HGTV). I finally got the idea to buy large canvasses and create something myself. The pattern and colors in a woven rug (a great, cheap estate sale find) served as the design inspiration. Luckily, after a few hours of taping and painting with latex interior paint, the final product made me, my husband, and our previously bare, sad wall a little more cheerful, and much more inspired!

(oh... supplies are KEY...but sometimes they are costly. Hobby Lobby offers 40% off one item EVERY day! Just go to hobbylobby.com and you can print the coupon).


Inspiration
Trend Setting...keep watch for more tape art home styling tactics; they will be popping up in more spaces i inhabit.

No comments:

Post a Comment